Saturday, September 27, 2008

New friends, and food!

Hi everyone!

I am really happy today, and I think part of it is that it's really sunny out today. Another reason is that I made some new friends yesterday, and found the school cafeteria, so I won't be as poor by buying groceries all the time. A meal ticket at the school cafeteria is 2.85 euros (but if you don't give the lady exact change she gets mad at you....I gave her a 20 and she looked at me like she wasn't going to accept it)

Today I'm going out to get some more minutes for my phone (my experiment with using an international phone card and my cell phone didn't work to well, and it ate all my minutes) I ended up getting a virgin mobile phone for 29 euros. The recharge cards are 20 euros a month, so I don't think it's that bad.

Last night the power went out on my floor for no reason, and it was really interesting trying to help some girl that only speaks French try to fix it....unsuccessfully. The power eventually came back on this morning.

So, today I promise to take my camera with me when I go out to explore with one of my new friends. I know most of you want to see pictures of downtown. I don't think the open air markets are open on Saturdays, but it's really pretty anyways.

Tootles!

No comments: