Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I has dishes! Yays for cooking :)

So today I went to the international office to fill out my forms for the carte de sejour (my visa), and I got some free dishes! So now I can cook as much spaghetti as I want :) Mind you I will be limited on what I can acually cook because I don't have a frige ( or un frigo en Francais!) So I have a pan, a pot, 3 plates, a bowl like tupperware thingy, a cup, a mug, a wooden spoon, a strainer, and some silverware.

I went to carrefour today with a couple of my friends (carrefour is the french version of walmart) I finally got laundry detergent, so now I can wash my clothes. Everything costs way too much here. I feel like I spend at least 2 times as much on my groceries here as I would in the states.

It seems as if they serve fish at the cafeteria every day. Sometimes you'll get an alternate choice, like yesterday was duck. I know this sounds sad, but I miss Bellarmine's food so much when I have to eat at the cafeteria here. I've heard lunch is better there, but I haven't been there around lunch time yet. The cafeteria is near my dorms, and I'm usually in town at lunch time.

Well, I'm gonna go try to study some French. My placement test is tomorrow morning at 10. Wish me luck!

No comments: