Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving in France :)















Hi Everyone!

So today I went to this Thanksgiving lunch put on by my friend's christian church. It was fun because there were so many people there. I think there were at least 200 people.....but only 3 pumpkin pies...they needed a lot more pie in my opinion.

We got a ride there in the church's minivan. It was in this old church near Mount St. Victoire. I'm still trying to find time to go climb that mountain, but every time I plan to go something happens, like it's raining, or I stayed up too late and there's no way I'm getting up at 8am to go climb a mountain on a Saturday morning....but hey, I think this next weekend I might be going. I'm not going to say that it's definite because when I do my plans always backfire...that's just my luck.

Well, anyways I took a couple pictures at the Thanksgiving lunch, but not enough to post them to a link, so here's a group photo of the people I ate with :) Yeah... they gave us 3 bottles of wine for our table...but I think maybe we finished 1 bottle. That's just way too much wine.....

I met some new people from china, and one of them shared a cool snack with us. It was like beef jerky....but in a really cool package. (pictured above)

Ok...well posting pictures in the post is not fun...I much prefer making a link, but I only took 3 pictures...I got distracted by all the turkey...

I love and miss you all!

À bientôt!

1 comment:

Shirley Nicaise said...

Hi Shannon,
Read all your blogs and it seems you are having a great time and making lots of friends. Are they all Americans or are some French?
We'll miss you for our Thanksgiving.
Love, Grandma