Monday, October 6, 2008

Day one of class!!!!!

Ok, so today I went to my first classes. It's weird, I have this class with this teacher from 8-10, and then from 10-11 I have my language lab with the same exact teacher, and then from 11-12 I have more class with him again.

I'm not quite sure if I'm in the right level or not. It seems as if I know a lot more French than a lot of students in my class. I mean....today we went through and spelled our names and introduced ourselves. It was really hard to understand the spelling of the oriental students' names (and they make up half of the class...I think it's cause they have strange names in the first place, and then their pronunciation is very weird and hard to understand)

I also bought my first textbook today. Since the school doesn't have it's own bookstore, the teacher told us where to go. It was some smallish bookshop on the main street in town. I feel sorta bad, there were only 2 copies of the book there, and I bought one of them. The teacher said that there would be two classes using the same book....so that's like 40 people all trying to go to the same place and buy the same book. I'm probably going to end up sharing with my friend because he didn't go with me. I just felt like going for a walk, so I walked there. It's so nice out today.

After I bought the book I sat in the park and people watched for a while while looking through the book. It's a French grammar book, and I'm pretty sure I've learned everything in it already. Given, I don't remember all of it, but still, all I would need is a short review, and then move on to the harder stuff.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm gonna do for the rest of the day, I wasn't really given any homework. I guess I'll figure something out.

À bientôt!

No comments: