Saturday, October 18, 2008

France is confusing

Hi Everyone,

I just thought it was time for an update, even though not much has been happening. Today I went to carrefour, which is like the French version of walmart. I finally got an actual blanket for my bed. I've been living with my polarfleece I brought from home and the smelly wool blanket the school gave me. Now I just have to find a place to keep that wool blanket......

I also bought some pants and a new shirt because I felt like it. It was so hard to find a pair that fit because I had to guess my size....so size 38 in french sizes = who knows what in american sizes....I really don't know what size I am anymore, probably about a size 5, but who knows.

So, last week I missed one of my classes because I didn't know that they had changed the schedule for level 3 classes. All I had was the old schedule, so some of the classes were right, but some of them were at completely different times and in completely different rooms. I had a test on the subjunctive and I missed it. That day wasn't all that great. I mixed up which day the photography and literature class was, so I got up expecting to have 8am class, and I went all the way there just to find out that I read the schedule wrong, and it wasn't on Thursday morning....it was on Friday morning. Then I studied for part of the afternoon, and I went to class again because I thought my class was at 5pm, but actually it was moved to 10am. So I missed my test/quiz, and I'm pretty sure the teacher isn't going to let me make it up.

Today was ok I guess, other than being slightly depressed because I found out the guy I like is not actually single......he's dating someone, which was news to me. God, I feel so stupid sometimes.

Well, hopefully I'll get everything figured out this week with my classes. Wish me luck!

À bientôt!

No comments: